By proceeding with the online booking, the Hirer applies for permission to use part or all of the said Premises for the purpose of the event as described. If permission is granted, the Hirer undertakes to observe and perform all the conditions set out below:
The Hirer or person in charge of the event/meeting:
- Must be over 18 years of age and shall be on the Premises at all times during the period of hire.
- Must be responsible for any equipment brought into the Building against loss/damage and to make arrangements to insure against any third-party claims whilst using the Building.
As the Hirer, you shall:
- Preferably bring your own environmentally friendly disposable cups, plates and cutlery.
- If the Facility’s reusable dishes are used, you must wash, dry and place everything back in the kitchen cabinets.
- Observe responsible recycling and waste management practices.
- Prepare all food items off-site, the facilities in the Centre are to be used for re-heating purposes only.
- Not leave any leftover food in the fridge or freezer.
- Wipe clean the kitchen bench, sinks and all appliances after use.
- Wipe tables after use, fold and store in the main hall storage cupboard located in the back-left corner.
- Put back chairs in rows in the main hall after cleaning.
- Empty bins and dispose of rubbish appropriately in the bins outside. Use the recycling & general waste bins accordingly.
- Keep down any noise and disturbance to neighbours.
- Refrain from smoking anywhere inside or outside of the BCL.
- Switch off all lights after use.
- Switch off the air-conditioner after use.
- Switch off, pack and store away any equipment used.
- Clean and wipe all spillages immediately.
- Keep surfaces and floors clean after use.
- Report to management any breakages or shortage of the supplies.
- Close and lock up any doors and windows opened.
- Check that both the front glass doors are locked and the gate is securely closed.
- Not leave behind any unwanted items without prior authorisation from management.
It is the responsibility of the Hirer to organise help well in advance for the set up and clean up. The BCL staff are not responsible for setting up or cleaning.
Parking at the Bahá’í Centre
The Hirer must ensure:
- All guests park their cars responsibly at the designated parking spots or any available public street parking in compliance with Queensland’s parking rules.
- Guests do not use private parking facilities belonging to the neighbouring businesses.
- Guests’ cars do not block other cars or entrances to any of the premises.